September 14th, 2021
- Add support for cluster-autoscaler to all LKE clusters. This feature is now live and configurable per node pool via the Linode API.
- Revert Calico CNI to host-local IPAM to address connectivity issues with the control plane. Any existing workloads still experiencing issues communicating with the control plane should be restarted so that pods receive a new pod IP address.
July 21st, 2021
July 12th, 2021
June 16th, 2021
- Added support for Graceful Node Shutdown in v1.20 and v1.21 clusters. Existing clusters must recycle their nodes to finish the upgrade.
- Added support for optional eBPF dataplanes by having new LKE nodes mount the BPF filesystem on startup.
- Upgraded coreDNS image from v1.8.0 to v1.8.4
- Upgraded Calico CNI from v3.10.4 to v3.19.0
- Upgraded cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.18.19, v1.19.11, and v1.20.7.
- Disabled rpcbind by default on new LKE nodes, to avoid having unnecessary ports open.
- Fixed bug where kubelet and kubeadm configs in v1.21 clusters would still mention v1.20 text.
May 28th, 2021
March 31st, 2021
- Add support for Ephemeral Containers. Existing clusters can gain support by recycling all cluster nodes.
- Upgrade cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.18.17, v1.19.9, and v1.20.5
- Remove support for v1.16 clusters in LKE
- Upgrade Calico CNI to v3.10.4 for all LKE clusters
- Upgrade etcd to v3.4.14 for all LKE clusters
- Tune etcd to reduce memory usage and increase stability
March 10th, 2021
February 24th, 2021
- Upgrade cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.18.16 and v1.19.8
- Upgrade coredns on all LKE clusters to v1.8.0
- Upgrade CCM for LKE clusters to v0.3.12, which allows for inter-service
communication from within cluster via external LB and removes support for
- Update all Kubernetes worker node disk images to their latest patch versions: v1.19.8 and v1.18.16. Please recycle your nodes to receive the latest updates
- Update all Kubernetes worker node disk images to include new packages: open-iscsi for longhorn support and lvm2 for rook support. Please recycle your nodes to receive the latest updates.
February 1st, 2021
January 13th, 2021
- Upgrade CSI for LKE clusters to v0.3.0, which improves compatibility with future Kubernetes versions
- Upgrade CCM for LKE clusters to v0.3.9, which adds the ability to specify a default proxy-protocol version and a proxy-protocol version per config
- Update all Kubernetes worker node disk images to their latest patch versions: v1.16.15, v1.17.17, and v1.18.15. Please recycle your nodes to receive the latest updates
January 11th, 2021
November 23rd, 2020
- Update CCM to version 0.3.8 to include support for NodeBalancer Proxy Protocol
- Update CSI to version 0.1.7 to include support for Linode Block Storage Volume expansion.
- Upgrade cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.17.14 and 1.18.12
- Address issue that could allow etcd to restore an incorrect backup.
September 21st, 2020
September 1st, 2020
August 3rd, 2020
- Add Node Pool Recycle feature so that users can redeploy Nodes with the latest patches and kubelet version
- Add support for up to 126 Nodes per cluster
- Add NFS packages to Node disk images. All newly deployed Nodes have NFS support. Existing Node pools can gain support using the "Recycle Nodes" feature
- LKE Node labels are reapplied on Node startup to ensure that they persist between reboots
- Update CCM version to 0.3.6 to include a bugfix for TLS configuration
- Increased timeout on kube-apiserver loadbalancers to prevent premature termination of connections
- Address connectivity issue for connections opened by control plane to cluster workloads
July 20th, 2020
June 24th, 2020
- Added support for Kubernetes control plane versions 1.15.12, 1.16.11, 1.17.7. All clusters were upgraded to these versions
- Kubelet versions 1.15.10, 1.16.7, and 1.17.3 were made available for new and recycled Nodes
- Allow patch version skew between control plane and kubelet, so that we can push kubelet upgrades asynchronously
- Deploy Linode Cloud Controller Manager v0.3.5 for all clusters to fix a bug with NodeBalancer config rebuild for LoadBalancer Services