2018-12-04 11:02:00 -0400 -0400
- Search results page with a dedicated URL
- Search results page is grouped by entities (Linodes, NodeBalancers, etc.)
- Search results page link appears first in the search bar results
- Search results page displays the first five results per entity, and a button to display remaining results for the given entity
- Search can be used to display all entities with a common tag
- Tags for Volumes
- Tags can be added during Volume creation
- Tags can be added/removed from an existing Volume
- Tags for NodeBalancers
- Tags can be added during NodeBalancer creation
- Tags can be added/removed from an existing NodeBalancer
- Network helper global setting
- Users now have the option to enable/disable
- Network helper is enabled by default
- Ability to attach a file to a support ticket
- Breadcrumb navigation to Users and User Detail
- Mobile typography was implemented throughout the app
- UX improvement when creating/resizing a volume attached to a linode with the addition steps necessary to complete the volume creation process
- Get Help section links and tiles were updated for consistent displays and interactions
- Added pricing to Volume clone and resize panel
- External (public) Ip’s are displayed first (before private IPs) on Linode grid cards, and Linode Details page
- Character decoding on the blog feed
- Tags extending beyond the search bar results now wrap
2018-11-19 11:02:00 -0400 -0400
- User management has been merged into the account section.
- The Account & Billing and Users navigation items have been removed in favor of just “Account”.
- This caused breaking changes to the URL pattern.
- /users -> account/users
- /users/stevemcqueen -> /account/users/stevemcqueen
- /users/stevemcqueen/permissions -> /account/users/stevemcqueen/permissions
- Domains can now be tagged and will be included in search results when searching for tags.
- Linode Backups
- Users can now enable automatic backups for all existing Linodes which do not have backups.
- Users can now enroll in automatic backups for all newly created Linodes.
- Added backup information and actions on the dashboard.
- Added time since last backup to the list view of user’s Linodes.
- Pricing information has been added to the;
- Volume creation drawer
- Volumes call to action placeholder
- Backups call to action placeholderM
- Updated by/closed by details to support tickets.
- Breadcrumb navigation to Linodes, NodeBalancers, Domains, and Support Tickets.
- We’re now preventing users from submitting the create a support ticket form until all necessary information has been provided.
- Hide the “current credit card” if there is no credit card on file.
- The CPU chart on the Linode detail page has been updated to scale the to usage.
- Details about a Linode and Domains are no longer tucked away in accordions.
- Payments and invoices are now sorted by descending date (newest first).
- We’ve made some mobile friendly adjustments to the display of our menu!
- Documentation links now have a persistent underline to make it clear they’re links.
- Providing feedback via Hively now opens in a new window.
- Made tab navigation much easier on mobile.
- Enhanced select styles are now visually consistent with regular selects.
- Side navigation was hidden for certain users.
- Toggling between grid and list view on the Linodes screen would not persist event progress information.
- Attempting to delete the active user would crash the application. (Hey, it’s better than deleting yourself!)
- TTL can now be set/changed for MX records.
- Booting from a user created configuration was failing.
- H1s are now used only once per page site-wide.
2018-11-05 11:02:00 -0400 -0400
- Customer Support
- Linode Community questions are now searchable from the Support Landing Page
- Customers can now close their own support tickets under the following conditions:
- Ticket is in “autoclose” status
- Ticket has not been opened by Linode (covered by autoclose requirement)
- May not close tickets that have not been interacted with by Linode (covered by autoclose requirement)
- Tickets closed by customer should be marked as closed by customer
- Support Ticket objects should indicate if they are closable
- Tightened whitespace on tables. Considerably reduced the padding on table cells to give users the ability to see more items at a glance. Similar changes were made to summary panels in an ongoing effort to improve our information density overall.
- We changed the way that a user will view their DNS records. Today when you view DNS records you have to expand all of the accordions to see details of your domains. Now when you view a domain you can see all details of the domain without having to expand all the accordions.
- Updated Launch console button to appear as a link on mobile devices.
- Hively got an upgrade!
- Icons have been enhanced to support new icons.
- Hively icons will not show on tickets more than 7 days old
- The account owner was able to restrict their account by toggling the permissions.
- A recent refactor didn’t take into account paginated API methods that take an entityId. This was causing an API 404 error when requesting Disks from the LinodeConfig menu.
- Issue on the List Linodes page, where switching to list view after linode creation would display the Linode as “Provisioning” after it already booted.
- On the volumes listing page, addressed an issue where updating a volume label would fail.
- In order to make the clickable table row entries more efficient, we made tags clickable.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to create a linode from a snapshot (coming from the linode detail page) displayed plans smaller than the original Linode snapshot as selectable.
- When creating a linode from a backup or snapshot, the linode created does not automatically boot, rather it must be booted manually after the restoration from backup is complete. Also, the Distro image fails to display in the manager, until the linode has been booted.
- Issue where users were unable to deploy a new linode from a snapshot when landing on the Create From Backup creation page from the Linode Detail * Backups page.
- Resolved an edge case where attempting to restore a snapshot to an existing linode, if the restore drawer was dismissed and then reopened, the Linodes select would fail to list any linodes.
2018-10-22 11:07:00 -0400 -0400
- Backup restore not restoring to destination Linode
2018-10-22 11:02:00 -0400 -0400
- Users can now page through large lists of entities thoughout the app, including: Nodebalancers/Images/Oauth Clients(Apps)/Tokens/Users/Volumes/Invoices/LinodeConfigs
- The documentation panel has received some updates, including Docs for volumes, domains and stackscripts
- Eliminate pencil icon site-wide, using hover/edit state instead.
- Defer API requests on Linode summary, settings and Nodebalancer summary until user action is taken
- Error reporting when creating a new Nodebalancer config
- Ellipsis being truncated on blog texts incorrectly
- Text overflow in the dashboard of entities with long names
- Linodes with flags/long names breaking the layout on list linodes
- Issue where a users settings are erroneously requested multiple times
- Linodes with unknown images failing to display in the linode summary panel
2018-10-08 11:02:00 -0400 -0400
- Allow selecting multiple files when attaching to a ticket
- Auto-collapse attachments when a ticket contains more than 5 attachments
- Increase support search results to display up to 20 results
- Truncate whitespace when adding SSH keys
- Display last four credit card digits when submitting payment
- Issue where creating a volume would potentially display the wrong region for the attached linode
- When creating a linode from Stackscript, the SSH Key access panel failed to display on image selection
- Issue where certain modals could not be dismissed with the escape key
- On Linode creation, the password field now appears disabled until an image is selected
- Two-factor authentication QR code border visibility in dark theme